|Occupation||Senior student. Leader of the Drifters|
|Portrayed by||Rocky Collins|
- "Grip the steering wheel of destiny!"
- — Drift King's motto
Drift King, also known as DK, is the King (Club Leader) of Drift Racing at VGHS as well as a friendly rival and later ally of Ted Wong (whom he refers to as "Theodore"). As his name suggests, he is the best Drift racer at VGHS and leads the team, as he presides over the sign-ups in Episode 7. Also to note he was once thought to be a staff member of VGHS however was later revealed to be a senior on his way to medical school.
Drift King's First appearence was in Episode 4 and races Ted Wong to get Ki Swan's game back. He is known as the leader of the Drifters. After the first time they meet, DK wants Ted to join the Drift Team, but Ted is insistant that he must join Rhythm Gaming to please his father, Freddie Wong. In the end, Ki tricks Ted and Ki joins Rhythm Gaming and Ted joins the Drift Team.
DK has a personality comparable to that of Medival royalty, speaking in rhythm and using formal terms. He is persistent and generally calm, although he can be angered when insulted or runs out of patience.
DK's relationship with Ted Wong is his most explored relationship in the series. DK refers to Ted as "Theodore", and is the one of the first people to recognize Ted's talent as a Drift Racer. Throughout Season 1, he works to make Ted accept his Drift Racing talent, rather than follow in his father's footsteps. DK is annoyed that Ted is denying his true passion and skill, although he seems not to harbor ill will towards him.
In Season 2, some dimension is shown in their relationship. It is displayed that DK has some doubt in Ted in terms of his follow-through in work and his experience as a gamer.
DK and Ki appear to be on good terms.
- Season 1, Episode 4
- Season 1, Episode 6
- Season 1, Episode 7
- Season 2, Episode 1
DK is among the best Drift Racers in Season 1. However, as the series progresses, we can see that Ted is slowly catching up to him and eventually, in Season 3, beats him in a pink slips match.
- Because the word 'king' is in his name, the way he speaks is comparable to the language of medieval times, back when monarchs existed. He is a chivalrous person and acts as if life were still in medieval times.
- Despite his seemingly chivalrous personality and behavior, as the series progresses we see more dangerous and darker aspects of his character, such as gambling and blackmail. He finally clarifies he draws the line at kidnapping and threatening to kill someone's virtual pet, but would never cross the line to ACTUALLY killing said virtual pet.
- Because of his car-esque personality, there are car noises whenever he is around. For example, in Season 1, Episode 6, there is a car honk when he winks at Ki Swan and there is a sound of a car doing a burnout, then driving off when he throws the drink at Brian D and leaves.
- While implied that in Season 2 DK is a teacher at the school (but later in season 3 it was revealed that he is a senior on his way to medical school), there are multiple times throughout Season 1 that imply that he is a student (his presence at Jenny's party, participating in the fight at Signups, his two cronies).
- On July 8th, 2016, Ricky saddly passed away. 2 theories have been presented to this cause - one that he died in a car accident, and the other that it was an unexpected hear attack.